The miniaturized external cavity quantum cascade laser (µEC-QCL) combines a QCL chip with a broad gain spectrum and a resonantly driven MOEMS diffraction grating allowing for rapid broadband spectral tuning at kHz scan rates.
The µEC-QCL is well-suited as spectroscopic light source for real-time sensing such as analysis of solids or liquids.
- Tuning ranges:
- Continuous spectral tuning with 1 kHz
- Pulsed operation with 100-200 ns, 400 kHz
- Linewidth < 2 cm-1
- Output power 20 mW @ center wavelength
- Small footprint size (tbd)
- More spectral range tuning
- Stepwise scanning